2018 Citizen of the Year Awards nominations open
Do you know someone who makes our City a better place?
Every community has local heroes. The City of South Perth is now inviting nominations for the 2018 Citizen of the Year Award. This is your opportunity to acknowledge those making an outstanding contribution to the local community.
Outstanding contribution and community service includes areas such as; education, health, fundraising, charitable and voluntary services, business, sport, arts, the environment, social inclusion or any other area that contributes to the advancement and wellbeing of the community.
The four award categories are:
- Citizen of the Year
- Youth - Citizen of the Year (under 25 years old)
- Senior - Citizen of the Year (over 65 years old)
- Active Citizenship (group or event)
Nominations will be judged on the following criteria:
- Significant contribution to the local community
- Demonstrated leadership on a community issue resulting in the enhancement of community life
- A significant initiative which has brought about positive change and added value to community life
- Inspiring qualities as a role model for the community
All award winners and nominees will be recognised at the City of South Perth’s annual Australia Day celebrations.
To make a nomination visit the Citizen of the Year website and complete the online form or collect a hard copy nomination form from the South Perth Library, Manning Library, Civic centre or George Burnett Leisure Centre. All hard copy nomination forms must be submitted to Australia Day WA GPO Box 2320, East Perth WA 6892 by 31 October 2017.
Nominations are now open and close 31 October 2017.
- Phone 9474 0777
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org