Expressions of interest for Design Review Panel
The City of South Perth invites suitably qualified persons to register interest in appointment to its Design Review Panel (DRP).
The DRP meets monthly to provide advice to the City on the design quality and site planning of major and unusual development proposals. All relevant details relating to the appointment of DRP members and the role and operation of the group are contained in the City’s Policy P303 “Design Review Panel” and associated Terms of Reference, which may be accessed on the City’s website at southperth.wa.gov.au/policies.
Eligibility for membership is assessed on the following selection criteria:
- Detailed knowledge of the composition and character of the City of South Perth;
- Demonstrated high level of expertise and knowledge in their particular field of architecture, urban design, landscape architecture, sustainability and heritage relevant to the City. Other disciplines may include planning, transport, public art, accessibility or civil and structural engineering;
- Direct experience in design review
- Current registration with their relevant professional body is desirable;
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team.
The City is also keen to hear from professionals with design skills demonstrated by the quality of existing buildings within Australia, that meet the selection criteria.
The monthly DRP meetings are currently held on the first Tuesday of the month, from 9am.
Panel members will be paid for attendance at each meeting.
Expressions of interest, including details addressing the selection criteria are to be mailed to:
Chief Executive Officer
City of South Perth Civic Centre
Sandgate Street, cnr South Terrace
South Perth WA 6151
Closing date for expressions of interest, 21 August 2017.