Please attribute the following comments to City of South Perth Mayor Sue Doherty:
1. How much did/will the upgrade of the pound to an animal care facility cost? How much was funded by the City and how much was received as a government grant?
The City received a funding allocation of $256,000 from the State Government to upgrade the current dog pound in Como to an animal care facility. The City has allocated an additional $250,000 towards the facility, which will be shared by the City and Town of Victoria Park.
2. When did work commence on the upgrade? When is its expected completion?
The Tender for the work will be going out in November. We anticipate that work on the facility will be completed by the end of June 2014.
3. From November 1, if the facility isn't ready, where will stray cats be taken?
Currently residents can take cats to facilities such as the RSPCA and Cat Haven. Once operational, residents will be able to take cats to the new the new animal care facility as another option.
4. Has the City had an influx of residents registering cats? How many cats are currently registered? How many are the City expecting before Nov 1?
As the City has only recently commenced taking cat registrations, we are unable to estimate registration figures at this stage.
5. Has this occurred any extra costs, resources, time to the City? If so, what and how much?
The City has spent a significant amount of time getting ready for the Cat Act 2011. At this point in time we are not able to estimate what the ongoing resourcing and cost implications will be.
- Phone 9474 0777
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org