The City develops and facilitates community infrastructure to service community needs and priorities. The City owns a variety of building assets including public toilets, administration buildings, libraries, kindergartens, recreation centres, education centres and community halls.
Capital works range from construction of new buildings, extension to existing buildings, replacement/ upgrade of building components or major rehabilitation. The works are assessed based on building condition assessments or on community development needs. The City also arranges building maintenance for City properties as per tenant lease agreement requirements.
Current facilities works
Collier Park Golf maintenance works 16-21 May
Collier Park Golf will be developing a new entrance and users are asked to access a temporary entrance way between the pro-shop and the Collier Café. The works are expected to be completed by 21 May 2022, weather permitting.
Lighting upgrades benefit local sport
Sports teams in the City of South Perth will enjoy more time to play this season after the City installed new competition level lighting at Bill Grayden Reserve in Como.
Curtin Rowing Club building maintenance
The Curtin Rowing Club will undergo building maintenance from Tuesday 16 March 2021 and is expected to take up to six weeks.
Road closures for the arrival of heritage tram
Road closures and detours will be implemented on Mill Point Road (west bound) between Onslow Street and Mends Street on Sunday 27 September between 4am and 12pm for the delivery of the Ferry Tram.
Como tram barn project on track
The Como tram barn project is progressing well, with construction expected to be completed by the end of September.
Scheduled capital works
Facilities capital work projects for the 2022/23 financial year are listed below.
View the Capital Works map for the 2022/23 financial year.
- Old Mill Theatre - emergency lighting, South Perth
- Moresby Hall - renewal works, Kensington
- Heritage House - lighting upgrade & minor improvement works, South Perth
- Manning Bowling Club - toilet upgrade, Manning
- GBLC, SP Community Hall, Collins St Hall - timber floor resurfacing
- Electrical switchboard replacements, City-wide
- Asbestos replacement program, City-wide
- Como Bowling Club - toilet and change room upgrade, Como
- John McGrath Pavilion - lighting replacement, South Perth
- Scout Hall public toilet renewal, Salter Point
- Manning Tennis Club - toilet door widening, Manning
- Buildings signage and roof anchors, City-wide
- Waterford Foreshore public toilet sewer connection, Waterford
- Lighting replacement program (General)
- Manning Bowling Club - floodlighting upgrade, Manning