The City develops and facilitates community infrastructure to service community needs and priorities. The City owns a variety of building assets including public toilets, administration buildings, libraries, kindergartens, recreation centres, education centres and community halls.
Capital works range from construction of new buildings, extension to existing buildings, replacement/ upgrade of building components or major rehabilitation. The works are assessed based on building condition assessments or on community development needs. The City also arranges building maintenance for City properties as per tenant lease agreement requirements.
Current facilities works
Road closures and detours will be implemented on Mill Point Road (west bound) between Onslow Street and Mends Street on Sunday 27 September between 4am and 12pm for the delivery of the Ferry Tram.
The City, South Perth Historical Society and Perth Electric Tramways Society are working together to build a tram barn to house a faithfully restored B class tram engine built in 1899.
Scheduled capital works
Facilities capital work projects for the 2020/21 financial year:
- Old Mill – restoration works
- Manning Bowling Club – bathroom facilities upgrade
- Como Bowling Club – kitchen facilities upgrade
- Bill Grayden Pavilion – ceiling and lighting upgrade
- Comer Pavilion – mural, ceiling and front entry upgrade
- Como Tram Housing – Windsor Park
- Collier Park Golf Course driving range – installation of flood lighting
- Collier Park Golf Course – weir remediation