The City develops and facilitates community infrastructure to service community needs and priorities. The City owns a variety of building assets including public toilets, administration buildings, libraries, kindergartens, recreation centres, education centres and community halls.
Capital works range from construction of new buildings, extension to existing buildings, replacement/ upgrade of building components or major rehabilitation. The works are assessed based on building condition assessments or on community development needs. The City also arranges building maintenance for City properties as per tenant lease agreement requirements.
Current facilities works
Collier Park Golf will be developing a new entrance and users are asked to access a temporary entrance way between the pro-shop and the Collier Café. The works are expected to be completed by 21 May 2022, weather permitting.
The City was part of a joint initiative to upgrade two playing courts at Como Croquet Club, giving a welcome infrastructure boost to the local sports group.
Sports teams in the City of South Perth will enjoy more time to play this season after the City installed new competition level lighting at Bill Grayden Reserve in Como.
Scheduled capital works
Facilities capital work projects for the 2022/23 financial year are listed below.
View the Capital Works map for the 2022/23 financial year.
- Old Mill Theatre - emergency lighting, South Perth
- Moresby Hall - renewal works, Kensington
- Heritage House - lighting upgrade & minor improvement works, South Perth
- Manning Bowling Club - toilet upgrade, Manning
- GBLC, SP Community Hall, Collins St Hall - timber floor resurfacing
- Electrical switchboard replacements, City-wide
- Asbestos replacement program, City-wide
- Como Bowling Club - toilet and change room upgrade, Como
- John McGrath Pavilion - lighting replacement, South Perth
- Scout Hall public toilet renewal, Salter Point
- Manning Tennis Club - toilet door widening, Manning
- Buildings signage and roof anchors, City-wide
- Waterford Foreshore public toilet sewer connection, Waterford
- Lighting replacement program (General)
- Manning Bowling Club - floodlighting upgrade, Manning