City of South Perth residents and property owners can dispose of additional waste and recycling at the City of South Perth Recycling Centre (formerly known as Collier Park Waste Transfer Station).
As part of the annual rubbish levy, ratepayers receive three entry vouchers for the Recycling Centre. These are sent out at the beginning of each financial year, attached to the rates notices.
The vouchers entitle the ratepayer to dispose of two payloads of green waste and one payload of general waste per year.
To use, tear off the whole entry voucher and present it in full to the attendant at the Recycling Centre.
Please note the following:
- Your assessment number and barcode is printed on the entry voucher
- Once you have used your voucher you will not be able to get a second voucher
- You will not be able to receive a replacement voucher if it is lost. Please keep it in a safe place
- Occupiers who are not owners or do not pay a rubbish levy are not entitled to receive an entry voucher
- Occupiers will need to obtain the voucher from the property owner or pay to use the Recycling Centre
- Only valid entry vouchers will be accepted.
The gate attendant’s assessment of the voucher and load will be final.
Accepted payload size for entry voucher
Payloads should be no bigger than a level trailer (6x4) and less than 250kg. A fee will apply if an entry voucher is not presented at the Recycling Centre gate, or for any payload considered larger than the maximum payload size.
Payloads not accepted:
- Any vehicle exceeding a tare weight of two tonne
- Any material exceeding a length of 1.8m
- Asbestos cement products, chemicals, solvents and hazardous wastes
- Paint of any sort
- Liquids other than engine oil
- Poisons, gas bottles, building rubble/sand
- Any other product considered hazardous.
Further information about disposal of hazardous waste can be found on the Waste Authority website.
To assist the City of South Perth in reducing waste to landfill and increasing recycling, the following items are accepted FREE of charge at the Recycling Centre if separated from general waste loads:
- E -Waste:
- Televisions – Plasma, CRT, LCD, LED, Rear Projection
- Computer Equipment
- Laptops, notebooks, palm tops
- Desktop /Central Processing Units, cards and motherboards
- Monitors, printers, faxes, scanners, multi-function units that scan/fax/print, and web cameras
- Compact disc drives, digital video disk drives, hard drives and floppy drives
- Mouse and trackball, keyboards, joysticks and gamepads
- Clean and uncontaminated cardboard, packing boxes, magazines, newspapers - no wrapping, polystyrene foam or similar
- Uncontaminated used motor oil (not contaminated with other petroleum products, coolants or similar) to a maximum of 20 litres per visit
- All scrap metal including fridges, washing machines and microwaves
- Fluorescent lighting tubes and globes
- Household and vehicle batteries.
Some recyclable items will occur a fee (vouchers are not valid for most of these items).
Disposal of Polystyrene
Expanded polystyrene (EPS), or polystyrene foam, is a white light-weight and bulky material that is often difficult to dispose of in your general bin. This material is often used in packaging for furniture or electronic goods, often together with cardboard. Polystyrene can be recycled at Recycling Centre free of charge.
Find out more about asbestos removal and disposal.
Paintback provides a free paint disposal service to:
- Responsibly deal with left-over paint after painting
- Declutter your garage, shed or under the house of old paint containers
- Recycle and reduce waste going to landfill
- Avoid landfill fees that may apply to waste paint.
Welshpool Cleanaway WA
Address: 88-92 Radium Street, Welshpool, WA 6106
Hours: Monday to Friday 9am-2pm
Phone: 1800 053 784
To find out more visit paintback.com.au.
Recycling Centre - Specified Items
City of South Perth Recycling Centre
- Phone 9367 2492
9am-4.45pm, Monday to Sunday
9am-4.45pm, Public Holidays (closed on Christmas Day, New Year’s Day, Good Friday, Anzac Day)
- Address Cnr Hayman Road and Thelma Street, Como