South Perth Station Precinct
The South Perth Station Precinct is ideally situated two kilometres across the Swan River from the Perth CBD, and is well serviced by excellent transport networks, including the freeway, and bus and ferry service. In the future, it is hoped that the state government will construct a South Perth railway station at Richardson Street, to service the Perth Zoo and local businesses and residents.
The South Perth Station Precinct includes all land between Richardson and Darley Streets to the south and east, and Scott Street and Frasers Lane to the north.
The vision of the South Perth Station Precinct Plan is to create a vibrant, attractive business location featuring a rich choice of employment, public transport options, pedestrian friendly tree-lined streets, with reminders of South Perth’s heritage.
Redevelopment and renewal opportunities should facilitate:
- An appropriate scale and height in order to deliver a vibrant and robust urban environment
- A dynamic mix of office, retail and other non-residential land uses, providing an attractive employment centre that is supported by residential development and public transport
- A limited level of additional residential development to provide passive surveillance and to support the local services and street level activity
- An active and enhanced public domain that highlights the scenic qualities of the precinct and its unique heritage character
- An active and pedestrian-friendly environment that creates a unique and identifiable sense of place
- A memorable network of public and private spaces that contributes to a rich urban fabric and provides a community focus.