Construction & Maintenance Work
The City maintains municipal assets including roads, footpaths and stormwater gullies. Maintenance works include:
- Cleaning of stormwater gullies
- Sweeping of streets, footpaths, cycleways and car parks
- Footpath and road repairs (e.g. potholes)
- Street and parking sign replacement or repair (excluding regulatory signs e.g. speed signs)
- Weed spraying (footpaths, kerb lines).
Public utility providers and their contractors such as Western Power, Water Corporation, telecommunications (e.g. Telstra), NBN, Atco Gas also work within the City’s verges, roads and footpaths.
February - March 2017 - upcoming works in your neighbourhood
Road works and pavement rehabilitation
Works include some or all of the following: resurfacing with stone mastic asphalt, replacement of street kerbing on same alignment, replacement/installation of stormwater drainage structures and replacement signage and road markings.
- Bessel Avenue – Canning Highway to Throssell Street
Works include upgrade of existing stormwater drainage networks to increase storage capacity and mitigate localised flooding within various urban catchments.
- Catchment 36: Elizabeth Street – Addison Street to Milson Street
- Catchment 32: Albert Street – Rose Avenue to Coode Street
- Catchment 34: Anstey Street - South Terrace to Hensman Street
- Catchment 15: Melville Parade – Hardy Street and Bowman Street
Installation of traffic calming measures.
- Mount Henry Road – at intersection with Hope Avenue. Construction of roundabout and street light upgrade
- Banksia Terrace – installation of two one-way treatments
- Ley Street – Peterson Street to Cloister Avenue – speed treatment
- Bessell Avenue – Canning Highway to Throssell Street – slow point
Planned and current local works
The City advises that the path from Treacy Way to Cygnia Cove in Waterford will be closed from 23 March to 29 March 2017 to allow for foreshore restoration works to be carried out.