Construction & Maintenance Work
The City maintains municipal assets including roads, footpaths and stormwater gullies. Maintenance works include:
- Cleaning of stormwater gullies
- Sweeping of streets, footpaths, cycleways and car parks
- Footpath and road repairs (e.g. potholes)
- Street and parking sign replacement or repair (excluding regulatory signs e.g. speed signs)
- Weed spraying (footpaths, kerb lines).
Public utility providers and their contractors such as Western Power, Water Corporation, telecommunications (e.g. Telstra), NBN, Atco Gas also work within the City’s verges, roads and footpaths.
May - June 2017 - upcoming works in your neighbourhood
Road works and pavement rehabilitation
Works include some or all of the following: resurfacing with stone mastic asphalt, replacement of street kerbing on same alignment, replacement/installation of stormwater drainage structures and replacement signage and road markings.
- Bessel Avenue – Canning Highway to Throssell Street
- Labouchere Road – South Terrace to Hensman Street
Works include upgrade of existing stormwater drainage networks to increase storage capacity and mitigate localised flooding within various urban catchments.
- Catchment 36: Elizabeth Street – Addison Street to Milson Street
- Catchment 32: Albert Street – Rose Avenue to Coode Street
- Catchment 33: Strickland Street – Infill between South Terrace and Hensman Street
- Queen Street Pump Station – Replace pumps and control cabinet
- Frasers Lane Pump Station – Replace control cabinet
- Scott Street Pump Station – Replace secondary pump
- Banksia Terrace – two locations conversion of two way /one lane treatments to two way
- Bessell Avenue – Canning Highway to Throssell Street – Slow points
- Thelma Street Closure – At Canning Highway
- Ley Street – Henley Street to Davilak Street median treatment
Installation of traffic calming measures.
Planned and current local works
Water main upgrade works on Mill Point Rd will commence on Monday 22 May 2017 and will take approximately 2-3 weeks to complete.