Construction & Maintenance Work
The City maintains municipal assets including roads, footpaths and stormwater gullies. Maintenance works include:
- Cleaning of stormwater gullies
- Sweeping of streets, footpaths, cycleways and car parks
- Footpath and road repairs (e.g. potholes)
- Street and parking sign replacement or repair (excluding regulatory signs e.g. speed signs)
- Weed spraying (footpaths, kerb lines).
Public utility providers and their contractors such as Western Power, Water Corporation, telecommunications (e.g. Telstra), NBN, Atco Gas also work within the City’s verges, roads and footpaths.
January 2017 - upcoming works in your neighbourhood
Road works and pavement rehabilitation
Works include some or all of the following: resurfacing with stone mastic asphalt, replacement of street kerbing on same alignment, replacement/installation of stormwater drainage structures and replacement signage and road markings.
- Victoria Street – Coode Street to Rose Avenue
- Bessel Avenue – Canning Highway to Throssell Street
- Hope Avenue – Redmond Street to Welwyn Avenue
- Edgecumbe St – Henley Street to Manning Road
- Waterford Ave – Manning Road to Mullingar Court
- Canavan Crescent – at roundabout with Godwin Avenue
- Canavan Crescent – at roundabout with Pether Road
Upgrade of below ground drainage infrastructure, to increase storage capacity and mitigate localised flooding within various urban catchments.
- Catchment 36: Elizabeth Street – Addison Street to Milson Street
- Catchment 32: Albert Street – Rose Avenue to Coode Street
Installation of traffic calming measures.
- Mount Henry Road – at intersection with Hope Avenue. Construction of roundabout and street light upgrade.
Planned and current local works
The City will be undertaking road rehabilitation works along Edgecumbe Street between Henley Street and the end of the cul de sac, scheduled to start the week commencing 16th January 2017.