Emerging Artist Award Exhibition - Postscript: Art Awards and Emerging Art Careers
23 October 2021
Add event to calendar
4 - 6PM
South Perth Community Hall
Cnr Sangdate St & South Tce, South Perth
City of South Perth
- Extra Information Suitable for 18 years and over.
Enjoy an evening exploring the exhibition space, followed by a series of engaging talks on the topic of “Art Awards and Emerging Art Careers”.
Postscript is for all emerging artists and for those who are interested in supporting and collecting the work of emerging artists in Western Australia. Following the presentation and discussions there will be the opportunity to network with peers and speakers while enjoying some light refreshments.
Our Arts industry experts will share their knowledge and insights with you about:
- The role and importance of art awards within the cultural ecology of Perth.
- An artists’ perspectives on approaching art awards strategically to achieve creative and career goals.
- How gallerists and collectors engage with the work of emerging artists.
ABOUT THE PRESENTERS
- Sue-Lyn Aldrian-Moyle is a co-founder of Creative Collab and began her arts career as a photographer and writer. She was the General Manager at Artsource until early 2021 and is currently working with the Aboriginal Arts Centre Hub WA and John Curtin Gallery.
- Sue Starcken is an accomplished artist working in the medium of printmaking and a past board-member of the Mundaring Arts Centre and Artsource. She has previously lectured at Edith Cowan and Swan TAFE and is currently the Art Collection Curator at Edith Cowan University.
- Helen Turner was the owner and director of two art galleries in Perth, the Church Gallery (1999-2006) and Turner Galleries (2007-2019). Helen’s efforts have supported many Western Australian contemporary artists through exhibitions, sales and innovative programs, such as the Art Angels sponsorship group.
- Mark Parfitt is an artist and lecturer and is Major Lead for the Bachelor of Creative Fine Art major at Curtin University. He is a long-standing member and current Chair of the City of South Perth’s Public Art Advisory Group.
Sue-Lyn Aldrian-Moyle and Mark Parfitt are both participating in this event with thanks to sponsors John Curtin Gallery and Curtin University.
Suitable for 18yrs and over.
Places are limited, bookings essential.
- Phone 9474 0777
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org