Sounds in the Park - Karawara
17 April 2021
Add event to calendar
5 - 8PM
George Burnett Park
Manning Rd, Karawara
City of South Perth
Pack a picnic or buy something from the food trucks and bring your family and friends for a great night of family entertainment and live music.
Sounds in the Park are three small family events in different neighbourhood parks from February to April 2021.
The concerts are inclusive for all members of the community with Auslan interpreters and disability services onsite.
5pm: Pre-show entertainment including children's activities, roving entertainment and gourmet food trucks
6-6.30pm: Support Act (to be announced)
7-7.15pm: Traditional Welcome to Country and a welcome address by Mayor Greg Milner
7-8pm: Headline Act (to be announced)
We encourage nearby residents to walk or cycle to the event with a free bike valet service available.
ACROD parking will be available. Please present your ACROD permit upon entry. There will be limited event parking surrounding the reserve.
This concert is wheelchair accessible. Path matting for wheelchair access will be in place and accessible toilets will be available. Auslan interpreters will be on stage throughout the duration of the event and streamed on to the screens on the stage.
Children's games area
This event will feature a range of free children’s games which will run from 5pm - 8pm. Children are to be supervised at all times.
You may bring your own seating including chairs and picnic blankets. The event will have designated areas for picnic blankets and low seating (low back chairs and chairs with short legs), and an area for high seating. No BYO umbrellas or marquees will be permitted.
Food and beverages
There will be a range of gourmet food trucks available to purchase from, you may also bring along your own food. The event is BYO, please drink responsibly. No alcoholic drinks will be available to purchase.
COVID safe event
A COVID Event Plan will be in place for this event:
- Attendees will be required to register using the SafeWA app or a hardcopy register on arrival
- Capacity will be monitored and zones will be set up to maintain physical distancing
- COVID Safety Marshals will be patrolling the event
- There will be no dance area
- Hand sanitiser and hand washing facilities will be available and gloves and masks will be available for those who choose to use them
- Cleaners will be on site to ensure regular cleaning of communal surfaces
Please follow Western Australia’s COVID-safe guidelines:
- Physical distancing
- Good personal hygiene by washing your hands regularly and using the hand sanitiser provided
- Stay home if you are unwell
This event is held in partnership with Mentally Healthy WA to promote the Act Belong Commit campaign.
- Phone 9474 0777
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org