Trading in Public Places

The City’s Public Places and Local Government Property Local Law 2011 provides regulation for the management of public property and the activities that may be conducted on public property that is owned or managed by the City including City halls, car parks, parks and reserves. This also applies to private property, if being used for public purposes such as fetes and markets.

Anyone wishing to trade on City owned or managed property must complete a Trading Licence Application Form

Assessment of an application considers the proposed location and impact the activity may have on established businesses close by, other traders, traffic flow and the amenities at the desired location. Some businesses may also require a reserve permit and a trading licence if the business is based on a park or a reserve.

Mobile food vehicles

The following site has been preapproved by the City for use by multiple mobile food vehicles:

  • Sir James Mitchell Park, Ellam Street Car Park, South Perth - Daily from 18 January to 30 April 2017, 5-8pm.

Should you wish to trade at the above site, you will need to contact the site organiser Graeme Windle on 0403 466 623 for further information and for preliminary approval. If preliminary approval is granted, you will then need to supply the City with the following documentation before a trading license can be issued:

  • A current copy of your Food Act 2008 Certificate of Registration from your Local Government 
  • A current copy of your current public liability insurance
  • A complete application for a trading licence including proposed payment details.

N.B. The City reserves the right to refuse any application for any reason.

Related document

Food Vendor Trading Licence

Jul 6, 2016, 10:20 AM
restaurant, cafe, bar, pub
User classification : All Applicants
Condition : Per Annum
Fee basis : Reference
Current fee : $1,600.00
Proposed fee :
GST Status : Exc
Status : Published
Order : 4

Contact us

For more information about trading in public places, contact the City’s Environmental Health Services.