Trading in Public Places
The City’s Public Places and Local Government Property Local Law 2011 provides regulation for the management of public property and the activities that may be conducted on public property that is owned or managed by the City including City halls, car parks, parks and reserves. This also applies to private property, if being used for public purposes such as fetes and markets.
Anyone wishing to trade on City owned or managed property must complete a Trading Licence Application Form.
Assessment of an application considers the proposed location and impact the activity may have on established businesses close by, other traders, traffic flow and the amenities at the desired location. Some businesses may also require a reserve permit and a trading licence if the business is based on a park or a reserve.
Mobile food vehicles
Selected sites have been preapproved by the City for use by multiple mobile food vehicles:
- George Burnett Leisure Centre Car Park, Manning Road, Karawara. 4-9pm on Wednesdays to Sundays (until 30 September 2016)
- Sir James Mitchell Park, East of the flag pole in Coode Street Car Park, South Perth (pending October to April). 4-9pm from Wednesdays to Sundays.
Should you wish to trade at one of the above sites, you will need to contact the site organiser Graeme Windle on 0403 466 623 for further information and for preliminary approval. If preliminary approval is granted, you will then need to supply the City with the following documentation before a trading license can be issued:
- A current copy of your Food Act 2008 Certificate of Registration from your Local Government
- A current copy of your current public liability insurance
- A complete application for a trading licence including proposed payment details.
N.B. The City reserves the right to refuse any application for any reason.