Trading in Public Places

The City’s Public Places and Local Government Property Local Law 2011 provides regulation for the management of public property and the activities that may be conducted on public property that is owned or managed by the City including City halls, car parks, parks and reserves. This also applies to private property, if being used for public purposes such as fetes and markets.

Anyone wishing to trade on City owned or managed property must complete a Trading Licence Application Form

Assessment of an application considers the proposed location and impact the activity may have on established businesses close by, other traders, traffic flow and the amenities at the desired location. Some businesses may also require a reserve permit and a trading licence if the business is based on a park or a reserve.

Mobile food vehicles

Mobile food vehicles may be approved within the City of South Perth. Applications are assessed on a case by case basis and are site specific. To apply for permission to operate a mobile food vehicle within the City, the following documentation will be required:

  • A current copy of your Food Act 2008 Certificate of Registration from your Local Government 
  • A current copy of your current public liability insurance
  • A complete application for a trading licence including proposed payment details.

N.B. The City reserves the right to refuse any application for any reason.

Related document

Food Vendor Trading Licence

Jul 6, 2016, 10:20 AM
restaurant, cafe, bar, pub
User classification : All Applicants
Condition : Per Day
Fee basis : Reference
Current fee : $100.00
Proposed fee :
GST Status : Exc
Status : Published
Order : 1

Contact us

For more information about trading in public places, contact the City’s Environmental Health Services.