It’s Your Place
Do you have a low cost, big impact idea to increase activity in your street or local park? Perhaps you want to make a public place more vibrant, lively and welcoming?
The City wants to help you shape your neighbourhood by providing support and up to $2,000 for your ideas.
- You must match the City’s funding amount with equivalent contribution (can be in-kind volunteer time or with donated materials)
- The Project must:
- Aim to increase positive community use of a publicly accessible space
- Be of benefit to users of the place
- Have support from at least three community members, businesses or an organisation
- Be planned and implemented by community members.
The City has a resident’s Place Making DIY Kit (produced by Creative Communities) available to It’s Your Place participants for free loan. Please contact the City if you would like to borrow this resource.
It’s Your Place Information Sessions are held on an intermittent basis. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your details to receive updates on upcoming sessions.
Applications are received throughout the year and funds are granted from a limited pool.