Click: Be Connected - South Perth
Every Thursday from 6 August 2020
Add event to calendar
10 - 11AM
South Perth Library Mopoke Meeting Room
Cnr Sandgate St & South Tce, South Perth
Free, booking essential
City of South Perth Libraries
- Extra Information For more information, or to book contact South Perth Library on 9474 0800 or Manning Library on 9474 0822.
The City's libraries are offering free digital literacy training for seniors.
How to get started
- Attend a Be Connected information session (drop-in or one-on-one) to set up your online account with our friendly staff
- Select two Be Connected learning sessions you would like to attend
- Register for those two learning sessions by phoning the library
- Attend the Be Connected learning sessions
- Continue to learn independently using the Be Connected website
- If you need more help, book in for a one-on-one Be Connected support session.
Click: Be Connected information sessions
Manning Library - information sessions
- 10am, Thursday 13 August
- 10am, Thursday 8 October
- 10am, Thursday 10 December
South Perth Library - information sessions
- 10am, Tuesday 21 July
- 10am, Tuesday 8 September
- 10am, Tuesday 10 November
Call the library on 9474 0800 to book into a session.
Click: Be Connected learning sessions
- Staying safe
- Online shopping
- Socialising online
- Using Facebook
- Getting set up for video calling.
Session 7 - Thursday 6 August
Staying safe online – Paying safely online
- Payment options
- Which payment option should I use?
- What happens if goods don’t arrive?
- Staying safe online – Avoiding scams and tricks
- The phishing scam
- The unexpected money scam
- Money for nothing scams.
Staying safe online – Help and support
- I suspect I am being scammed
- I think my computer has a virus
- I think somebody knows my passwords.
Session 8 - Thursday 13 August
More online skills - Online shopping overview
- Getting started
- Payment methods
- Consumer rights.
More online skills - Socialising online
- Connecting and sharing
- Choosing the right network
- What does a social network look like?
Session 9 - Thursday 20 August
More online skills - Using Facebook overview
- Colin’s Facebook story
- Facebook profiles
- Adding friends on Facebook
- Posting messages
- Making more connections.
Connecting to others - Getting set up for video calling
- Mary’s video calling experience
- What you need
- Using the camera
- Using the microphone and speakers.
For more information, or to book contact South Perth Library on 9474 0800 or Manning Library on 9474 0822.