News & Public Notices
Upgrade to Hope Avenue Reserve in Salter Point
The City is working with the community to create a user-friendly local park at Hope Avenue Reserve in Salter Point.
Feedback received by the City from local residents and park users requested improvements to create an improved recreation space with greater accessibility and amenity.
A Concept Plan for the Reserve has now been developed which includes:
- Increased accessibility via a new concrete footpath connecting Hope Avenue and Roebuck Avenue, providing accessible entry into the existing playground and new sitting areas.
- An improved and enlarged kickabout/play space/exercise/ recreation area, with new turf and irrigation system.
- New garden beds and shady trees to complement the existing trees.
- Additional amenity including new seats, drink fountain with dog bowl, rubbish bins, multi court with new netball hoop to complement existing basketball hoop.
In September 2016, works will commence to prepare the site for new lawn areas. Infrastructure works including new irrigation will be completed during October and November. Planting will take place in early autumn 2017.
Temporary fencing will be erected to the lower Roebuck Drive part of the park receiving the new soil, closing it off during construction. However, access through the park will remain along the western edge, and the playground and the north Hope Avenue park will remain in use for most of the project. Notification signs will be installed to provide updates to the schedule. The main works should be completed by end of November 2016.
The City is currently seeking feedback and comment from the community on the Concept Plan.
You can comment by visiting the City’s online engagement portal Your Say South Perth. Feedback can also be received by sending a letter or email with your comments to: City of South Perth, Civic Centre, Cnr Sandgate Street and South Terrace, South Perth WA 6154 or email email@example.com with subject heading Hope Avenue Reserve Concept Plan.
All comments are to be received by Friday 9 September 2016.
- Phone 9474 0777
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org